Frequently Asked Questions About Adding Sponsors to the IVR
- What do "hits", "played", and "play" mean?
- Hits - how many times in rotation the sponsor gets hit, normally 1
- Played - this is always set to 0 for a new sponsor, the ivr then will keep a running total of how many hits the sponsor got
- Play - The ivr uses this field to see how many more times the sponsor
will play in this rotation before moving to the next sponsor. Always set
this to 0 for a new sponsor.
- Is the sponsor number an auto number?
On the older systems it is. If you are running VRS2000 then you set your own sponsor number. It must be a 3 digit numeric number as you will use this number to record the sponsor voice file.
- How do I record the sponsors after setting them up in the database?
Call into the ivr, press 8 for maintenance, then the passcode, then it normally is option 8. Follow the voice prompts, it will ask for the 3 digit sponsor number, then it will say to record press 1, to listen to press 2, to delete press 3, to enter a differenect sponsor number press 4...
- Once the sponsors are recorded, do they start automagically?
Yes, as long as they are in the database as well.