Sometimes pcAnywhere will stop responding and the program must be restarted. To restart pcAnywhere, follow the instructions below. There are several versions available, so your system may vary slightly.
- Depending on what version you have, there will either be a button on the task bar labeled "pcAnywhere" or there will be a small icon in the system tray (next to the time in the bottom right hand corner of your screen). Double-click that icon to open the pcAnywhere window.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Click the Start button and select Programs, Symantec pcAnywhere.
- The pcAnywhere program will open.
- Click the Be A Host PC button.
- There are two ways we might connect to your system. We may dial it via the phone or we may use the Internet if you have a high speed connection. If we use the phone, or if you are unsure, double-click the Modem icon. If we use the Internet, double-click the Network icon.